329 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 504-525-2262 info@vintage329.com

Culver

Culver Ltd was founded in Brooklyn, New York in 1939 by Irving Rothenberg. Culver Glass features real 22-karat gold decoration used effusively and magnificently especially from the late 1950’s on through the 1960’s.
The company’s early production line featured acid etch, decalcomania, sandblasted, hand-painted, banded, sand-cut monogramming and silk screen. In the late 1950’s, Culver Ltd started the application of the 22-karat gold to their glassware. The super-heated, roll-on process of gold remains a secret today. By the 1980’s, Culver stopped making its own glass and began using glassware ‘blanks’ produced by other companies.Culver glass from the 1940’s through the ’50s are signed with a script Culver. The Culver mark changed to block lettering in the late 1960’s through the 1970’s. Culver glass after the 1970s are typically unmarked today because the company changed to paper labels attached to the glass.

show blocks helper

Product tags

Showing 1–18 of 61 results

preloader